Thursday, May 7, 2009

Six Days

Six Days. A little more than 144 hours. That's how much time I have before boarding a plane and heading east.

I'm not sure I can begin to explain how excited I am... It's been almost three years since I visited East Africa and almost a year and a half since I visited the Five Talents program in Chennai, India, and I cannot wait to get back in the field! Although, at the moment, I must admit that I'm feeling overwhelmed and tired with everything I need to finish in the next 100 or so hours (that is, if I'm taking time out to sleep and eat ;).

Anyway, I'll be traveling with Suzanne Schultz, our director of program, to Sudan and Kenya to visit our programs in both countries. We leave next Wednesday night (May 13) with a couple day layover in London for the Five Talents International board meeting prior to flying into Nairobi and then on into Southern Sudan. We'll get back into the states on June 3.

I'll be blogging my travels here as much as Internet access is available (and hopefully posting photos as well!). I'll provide more travel details in the days to come before my departure.

here we go...

Kelli Ross
Five Talents International, Director of Communications

3 comments:

Dan King said...

I am SO excited for you Kelli! And I cannot wait to get over for my trip to Kenya and Uganda! I look forward to seeing your updates!

Amy said...

I'm so glad . . . maybe you'll bump into some friends of mine in Kenya! If you get a chance, head out toward the Maasai Mara and stop in Narok! :)

Edwin Machine said...

Hey, Kelli!
Indeed this is exciting news and my thoughts are with you as you navigate that terrain! Sudan should be a new one, and an exciting one. As i mentioned, i have not been to Juba, but one time we got as close as we could get to it..I was in a rebel-controlled area and therefore went to the frontlines of the battlefield. Juba was under the Khartoum govt back then.
But that was back then. Enjoy your trip and will be checking this page out!!!