Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's almost here...

In about one hour, I've got a cab coming to my house to pick me up and take me to Rosslyn, where I'll be catching the bus to Dulles.

I actually think I'm pretty much done packing, which has been pretty interesting. For our flight into Sudan, Suzanne and I are each allowed to take 30 pounds. That includes cameras, computers ... everything. I'm estimating I've got about 20 pounds of personal space for 10 days worth of clothes, toiletries, powerbars, etc., and I think I've come up with a solution: rotate the outer layer, have a clean inner layer. So, I've packed two pairs of pants, one skirt and five shirts for my Sudanese outer layer wardrobe. :)

I'm finally feeling the excitement and anticipation again. Up until last night, I've been so focused on other details that I hadn't actually slowed down enough to realize that "I'm leaving today!" Now, as I finish all the last minute details before hopping on the plane, I can't help but have that good, nervous feeling in my gut.

More from the other side of the pond...

Kelli

1 comment:

John said...

can't wait for the next blog! hope the travels are going well.