Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Encouraged

Today is our last day in Nairobi. We'll be flying out in about 14 hours.


It's absolutely crazy to me that three weeks have already come and gone, and yet I feel like I haven't been home in forever. I have one last appointment scheduled for today. I'll be meeting with the Rt. Rev. Gideon Githega, Bishop of Thika, to listen to his perspective and reflections on our program in Thika. After that, it will be stopping by the Word Concern office to say goodbyes and then packing.


Yesterday, I was able to watch the final three hours of video I had taken. (I've been watching the video and then taking notes since I didn't have two extra hands to take notes while shooting the video!) And, I was just once again so encouraged by the work that is happening in both Sudan and Kenya. I know we (Five Talents) says it often, but it's SO true ... lives are literally being transformed! I watched as Peter Macharia encouraged a group of women in Juba. They felt discouraged and said they had nothing, but he did not allow them to look at themselves that way. He explained and pointed out how blessed they are, that they do have resources and that they now have something when they did start with nothing.

"Your group is here," he said gesturing toward a small tree. "But, it is growing, and you will be sisters to the other groups in Sudan and help them grow."


I personally have been rejuvinated and encouraged during this trip and am so excited to share the stories and experiences I've had during these past three weeks.

Now, off to my last appointment...

Kelli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Safe travels home!! We miss you!
HC